I am really excited to have been nominated for The Liebster Award, because it is a lovely way of showing support for other bloggers, specifically small bloggers! It’s all too easy to get disheartened as a small blogger compared to those with terrifyingly massive followings, so I think it’s important for us little bloggers to look out for each other!
The rules of The Liebster Award are:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions they have asked you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 1000 followers (and let them know they have been nominated through social media.)
- Think of 11 questions to ask them.
Thank you so much to Shona for the nomination, I do really appreciate it (and am not just saying that because them’s the rules!) Here are my answers to your questions!
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
People! When I first started blogging, my inspiration came from my love of people watching, and creating imaginary back-stories for people, but as the blog has evolved, it has expanded to include my thoughts on people and human interaction more generally, as well as people watching in the sense of reviewing theatre, cinema, and any other artsy things that take my fancy!
2. If you could create your own blogger event what brands would you want to be there?
Inspirational writers and authors, (my top author pick would be Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie) for writing motivation and to spark interesting conversations, and local food & drinks traders, to fuel blogger bonding, and support small businesses. It would be the ultimate book-nerd-meets-foodie event, with an inspiring and relaxed atmosphere.
3. What do you use to take your photos?
My iPhone, and I usually edit using Afterlight – maybe one day I’ll invest in a fancy camera, but at the moment the budget wont stretch that far!
4. If you aren’t full time: would you ever become a full time blogger? If you are: do you enjoy it?
As much as I love writing my blog, for me it’s a hobby, so I’m not looking to become full time – I’d love to write full time, but not solely for one blog.
5. How do you get the motivation to blog?
For me, the obvious motivation to blog is that I love writing, and my blog is a space where I can write about things that interest me (and hopefully you, dear reader!) However, my motivation tends to ebb when I’m short of ideas, so I always keep a notebook with me to jot down ideas that come to me at random times. This means that I always have a list of things I want to write about at hand, which usually helps to avoid the dreaded writer’s block, and keeps me motivated.
6. What’s your go to snack?
If I’m feeling healthy, pineapple and cereal bars, if not, to the biscuit tin I go…
7. Are you more a savoury or sweet person?
8. Where is one place in the world you’ve always wanted to travel to?
Canada – I have a few friends who have been relatively recently, who have made me very jealous with their photos and stories, so it’s next on my (very long!) list of places to go!
9. What one song sums up your 2015?
‘Shut up and dance with me’, by Walk the Moon
This song sums up my attitude to life – don’t talk, just dance.
10. How do people react when you tell them you blog? Friends, family and strangers.
In general, friends and strangers tend to be interested or even impressed, but my family don’t really get it!
11. Where do you hope to be at the end of 2016?
I’m not sure I want to try and predict the end of 2016, as I have a feeling it’s going to be a crazy year, with lots of new possibilities, but my main priority will be completing my degree, and finding, if not my dream job, at least a stepping stone in the right direction, that allows me to work with words!
Now for my nominations – as us little bloggers don’t tend to have a follower count on our websites, I have based the ‘under-1000 followers’ rule on Twitter following. Here are 11 fabulous little blogs you should definitely check out:
And here are my questions for you! I’m looking forward to reading your answers!
- What or who inspires you?
- If you could be an animal what would you choose?
- Introvert, extrovert, or somewhere in between?
- Tea or coffee?
- Favourite place you have visited and why?
- Favourite fictional character and why?
- Last book you read? Rating out of 10?
- What are you most afraid of?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- When you meet someone new, what is the first thing you notice?
- If you could have a superpower, what would it be?